Thursday, September 8, 2011

Teenagers On The Couch

When teenagers come over and hang out at the house, that makes me so happy. Come, eat my food, watch my tv, tease my youngest son.  Last night Lexie's football playing boyfriend came over and her buddy Angel.  I handed Lex a plate of pork chops and some corn to shuck.  They all stayed outside shucking and grilling, then came in to watch Deadliest Warrior. They check their facebooks, text and Lex was doing a dance called the "Wobble". they play stupid games and throw stuff at each other. It was so perfect. yeah, they kind of make a mess but the boy shakes hands with my husband, Angel gave me a hug and fell asleep on the couch and it was wonderful.And i definitely would rather have them here than anyplace else.  I try not to hover too much, I stay in the kitchen and occasionally throw napkins at them and tell them to stop "snuggling" under the blanket on the couch. But I can hear the laughing and cutting up, I can hear the stupid jokes and Ethan showing off his football war wounds and that's an absolutely magical sound.

If you love teenagers or me, subscribe to this blog. I'll tell you about something great every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment