Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Loser On Line

When I log onto facebook and see I have 8 notifications, 4 messages and a friend request I feel so good!Why? It makes me fell like I'm witty or smart. Nobody comments on stupid, boring updates, unless they come from famous people.  If I get messages I feel as though somebody cares about me and the friend notifications are pretty exciting because it means somebody was actually looking for me and was happy they found me.  Maybe, online, I seem moderately interesting.I try not to put stuff like "just trimmed my toe nails". Who cares, right? Just a few years ago there wasn't a facebook. What made me happy back then?  I do remember the first time I got on line and "chatted" with people. I felt like a stranger in a strange land, I didn't know their language and every time they typed LOL, I swear I thought they were saying "loser on line". My family has always been a little paranoid.
So, if you want to make me happy, hit me up on facebook.
Diana McDaniel Hampo
or you can check my other blog http://www.hampoland.com/

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever read the book Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlein? It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete