Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Puney Little Humans

Lightening, thunder, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, straight line winds.  I love kick ass weather. I know it often brings heart ache and destruction but I love really powerful weather because it proves one thing. God and Mother Nature are still totally in control.  We can do and say anything we want but we do not have the ability to control or even slow down the weather. If 70 mile an hour straight line winds blow a tree down and it falls right on my house, not a thing I can do.  If a tornado plows across Arkansas, picks up my house and drops it in Lake Hamilton, not a thing I can do about it.  (Though I'm thinking I should consider more homeowners insurance).We can't even protect ourselves from bad weather.  All we can do is pray. Profound and violent weather is absolutely awe inspiring and reminds me how small I am. So, fellow  human beings, we are not in control, face it. God has all the power when it comes to life and death issues and the weather. And I'm really glad He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment