Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Found My Other Best Friend

     There is nothing better than finding an old friend and discovering they are still your friend and really cool.  I had a friend in high-school. We were great buddies, though radically different. (We never dated and now I'm wondering what my freakin' problem was.Teenagers are so monstrously stupid) Anyway, we found each other two years ago. And the fact that we had not seen or spoken to one another in 30 years didn't matter at all. We are still exactly as we were then, though we've both changed so much.  I think between us there have been four or five marriages, six or seven kids and millions of dollars, but when we talk or e-mail it's as easy and silly as it was in 1976. We argue about everything from politics to music, we make fun of each other, and there's nothing we wouldn't do to help. Finding out an old friend is still one of your best friends is one of the sweetest feelings in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment