Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Love Mike Tyson

I really like Mike Tyson, the man and the boxer. Let me tell you why before you throw shoes and rocks at me.
Mike Tyson was the Shark Week of boxing. There would be blood and somebody was going down, quickly.  His punches were epic, hell ,Tyson could knock guys out with a jab or lead hook, that's insane.  Stand up right now, pretend you are a boxer, and try to imagine knocking someone out with that front arm.Tyson always charged forward, a man with a mission in the ring and he had beautiful head movement thanks to Cus DeMato.  I think Tyson knocked his opponents out in the first round fifteen times.  Yikes.Ok, I love Mike Tyson the man, right now, because he has changed, moved forward and overcome the animal he once was.  He's now solely focused on his family and pigeons. When he talks about his old self, from 25 years ago, he admits he was a dangerous, egomaniac. But he's not that man anymore. and he works everyday to feed his children and keep his ego chained up. He knows he's got problems but he's working to be a much better man.  I respect that.  I also like the fact Tyson has a tattoo of Aurthur Ashe, the first famous black tennis player on his arm.  This tells me a lot. He respects history and men who made a difference without using violence.

If you need to throw rocks at me now, go on, I've got great head movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment